Monday, December 28, 2009

The End of a Decade


One of my favorite things to do in during the holiday season is to sit in my living room, cozy by the fire, and admire the soft glow of the Christmas Tree.  Whether it is the early am with my coffee, or at the end of the day when everyone is asleep ( which rarely happens ;) ) it gives me a sense of calm.   Holiday lights have always been so magical to me.  I loved riding around with my parents as a kid and looking at all the Christmas lights.  As an adult it is sometimes hard to feel that magic with all thats going on around me, but somehow the warm glow of the lights give me a glimpse of the magic and wonder of the season.  I hope my kids feel this feeling and never lose it.  I see the excitement in my little ones and I just want to bottle it up and save it forever!  



Sometimes I try to hard to make things perfect for my kids that I set myself up for disappointment and miss the simple moments that are the magic.  The last couple weeks I have tried to just step back and enjoy the ride.  I was trying to do too much for that perfect season instead of just being in the moment.  I read the most amazing post by Melissa @ The Inspired Room and it really put things into perspective for me. (thanks Melissa!)  It was exactly what I needed at that moment and it helped me to enjoy those last few magical days and have a new outlook for the year to come.


I am stretching out this Christmas season as long as I can.  Today as I was enjoying my morning coffee by the fire, lights all aglow, my thoughts were the nearing of the new year.  I was thinking about the abundance of blessings this past year as well as the past DECADE! (can you believe it!?)



One of my many blessings in the past ten years was the gift of motherhood, which is the most amazing experience of my life.    I can't believe how fast they are growing.  Before I know it another decade will be behind us.  My new year, and new decade, resolution is to soak it up!  Every minute.




I am so thankful for my incredible husband who is amazing in every way.  He is the love of my life and my very best friend. I am so looking forward to making more memories.


I have a wonderful family who loves me unconditionally and I feel so blessed to be near them.


So, I know this years going to be another busy one with a lot of exciting things ahead.  (There will be lots of fun projects to share with ya'll!)  The goal is to enjoy the journey, be in the now and don't sweat the small stuff!


Warmest Wishes to You and Yours!

1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely site here. I came upon it quite by accident.

    Happy new year to you!

    Sincerely,

    Tom Degan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)