Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fun Finds

The Thrifting Gods were good to me this week. ;)  First, I went to a cool consignment shop in town that I didn’t even know was a consignment shop!  Where have I been?  Anyway, I have wanted to find a letter “N” (for our last name) from an old sign or something, to add to our home.  I found this lovely chippy N and was so excited!

                          IMG_1016 IMG_1017

I was even more excited to hear that it came off the building of the store, which used to be a clothing store that my parents shopped at! So cool!  As you may know I love things that tell a story and now I have a little piece of history from our city!  I know, it doesn’t take much to excite me. ;)

                          IMG_0983   IMG_0982
Next, I got this lovely item at the thrift store for $5.  It was already pretty cute, but I decided to paint it in good ol’ Oil Rubbed Bronze.  I added a little tag I made and filled it with some ‘stuff’.  I’m still deciding if I am satisfied with how it looks…I might rough it up a bit and I may change the insides.  But, that’s the fun of it, right?

IMG_1018
                             IMG_1019  IMG_1021

Oh, and this lamp shade for $2!  I needed one for a thrift store lamp I am revamping, or should I say, “re-lamping”.  (Hahaha, seriously, I am a dork.)  It is in excellent condition.  I am not sure exactly how she will end up….stay tuned.:)

IMG_0984

Happy thrifting to you and I hope you all have a great weekend!  I am headed for a night out with Mr. Husband…YAY!
Linking up…

DebbieDoos 


Photobucket






9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up! First off when I was reading about how you feel the pieces tell a story....i say that all the time too....and we are making our own history now. You scored big here....love everything. So glad you found my blog....and please go check out some more of the participants....they will return the favor, and you may make some new bloggie friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I feel the exact same way, If the pretty things in my home don't serve a purpose I at least want them to tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gave you an award at my blog

    kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Krista, wonderful finds. Doesn't it make you feel great?

    Love your blog.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista~ just hopped over from Debbiedoos party and have really enjoyed my visit! Just love your big letter "n", and your other great finds, too! I also enjoyed reading your kitchen backsplash post! I'm looking forward to reading more~ I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun finds. Everything you found was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good thrifting day! we just moved to a new town/state so I am seeking out all the fun shops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when I find letters with my initial! Cute finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the shape of that lamp shade. i could definitely use something like that for my master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)