Saturday, December 11, 2010

Deck the Stairs with Boughs of…Winter Greens

IMG_0652

I usually do a grand pine garland on my staircase…this year I had a few setbacks so it was a simple take on Christmas stairs and I have to say I love it!

IMG_0654

I tied little swags to the banisters with burlap ribbon and then hung coordinating ones on the scones going up the stairs. 

IMG_0646

I already had these little fellas, as I used them in my garland from last year.  So it was easy AND didn’t cost me anything but the ribbon!

IMG_0653 IMG_0651

IMG_0655

You like?

IMG_0652

   I do. :)

I was  a little bummed I didn’t get my usual greenery up, but making sure all you greenery is up is not what the season is about.  Just making your home feel the Spirit of the Holidays with little special touches is enough.  Taking time to enjoy the season with friends and family is time well spent. 

Merry Christmas!

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up    party!

8 comments:

  1. VERY beautiful and elegant! And such a well written post....you're completely right! We are not doing our whole shebang this year, and it's definitely a reminder that decorating for Christmas is not everything. Thanks, though, for linking up to the Christmas SFS! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love greenery:) Looks delightful and the tree post was marvelous:) soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks beautiful.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually decorate my staircase with garlands and we hang wreathes at our steel front doors every Christmas season to show our festive spirit to the people.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)