Thursday, June 2, 2011

Master Bath & Drop Cloth Valance


2011-06-02 001 
My master bathroom is definitely a work in progress.  But I’ve decided that if I wait to show my house as a completed project, it will never be shared. ;)
Sooo, here is my drop cloth valance/Target clearance panels.  I am headed for a rustic-chic-cottage feel in my bathroom.  Like I said… a work in progress
IMG_1896
 These are my beyond simple and inexpensive curtains.  To get the rustic chic vibe going I used a drop cloth and simply draped it over my curtain rod in half.  Then I pulled it up in three areas and tied it with jute twine.  Because the drop cloth is so sturdy, it effortlessly gave me the billowing effect I was after.
IMG_1903
Next I took a $5 clearance panel from Target, cut it in half and put one half on each side of my valance.  I love the contrast of the somewhat formal damask paired with the simple and casual cloth.
IMG_1926IMG_1920   






   


The ceilings are really high in here so I took advantage of that by hanging my curtain rod about 6-8” above the window.  This lifted everything up as well as letting in all of the beautiful natural light.(the same beautiful natural back light that made for some not so great pictures.;)
 IMG_1897
I’m feeling really happy about how it is coming together so far.  A little more color and texture to come in this space, so stay tuned.   I am working on getting our master bedroom & bath a serene relaxing retreat.  It has always taken the back burner, but not any more!  What about you guys?  Is your master bedroom a relaxing sanctuary like I am after, or has it been neglected as well?

Visit thecsiproject.comThe Shabby NestA Little Knick Knack504 Main

4 comments:

  1. Love that shelf on the wall. Perfect for some little extras. You should read my post on bathtub wisdom. I bet you come up with great thougts soaking in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Krista! What a great idea and who doesn't like a "no-sew" project that turns out this lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the touches you have going in your master bath. I would love to do the same in ours. I just don't know where to start. I know what I like, but just can't get it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Just saw your drop cloth curtain on pinterest and had to stop by your blog to see more. Love the idea. It's nice to meet you.

    Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)